Subject: Re: [boost] [circular_buffer] Volunteer(s) needed
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-22 14:19:17

On Wednesday 22 May 2013 18:56:44 Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
> Le 21/05/13 07:26, Jan Gaspar a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is there any volunteer that could take over the circular_buffer library? I
> > do not maintain it any more.
> >
> > There are several bugs which need to be fixed and one challenging feature
> > request (to implement move semantics).
> >
> > Here is the full list:
> >
> > Type: Bugs
> >
> > #4100 some boost classes have sizeof that depends on NDEBUG
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4100
>
> Is there any Boost policy that requires a library to ensure this kind of
> constraints?

Even if there isn't one, mixing debug and release components is quite common
in large projects when debugging, so the complaint is valid.

That said, I do not find how BOOST_CB_ENABLE_DEBUG depends on _DEBUG or
NDEBUG, so I assume this macro should be defined by the user explicitly and is
not defined by default in any kind of build. If my observation is true I would
consider this problem solved.