Subject: Re: [boost] Is there any interest in a library for actor programming?
From: Dominik Charousset (dominik.charousset_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-23 08:45:29

On 23.05.2013, at 07:37, Vicente Botet <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Max Skvortsov wrote
>> Vicente J. Botet Escriba
>> <vicente.botet <at>
>> wanadoo.fr> writes:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've found this Scala Actor Akka 1[1] framework quite interesting. BTW,
>>> it defines both untyped and typed actors.
>>>

>> And you probably know about this [1] interesting library
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/Neverlord/libcppa
>
> Sorry, I would maintain some context . THis was a replay to the post on
> libcppa :(
>
> Best,
> Vicente

I'm glad you find libcppa interesting and I hope you'll support me in my effort of turning it into a Boost library. :)

Akka is an interesting library, too. They made some different design decisions (no automatic skipping of messages for instance), but our plans to provide an interface for Protobuf is not least because we want to be able to send messages from C++ actors to Scala (Akka) actors. Being able to talk to web services would be a nice side effect.

Best regards,
Dominik