Subject: [boost] Git Modularization hiccups
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-23 18:12:44
* "git clone --recursive http://github.com/boostorg/boost
modular-boost" is mostly working fine here (on Win7) but is producing
one set of error messages:
Cloning into 'libs/assign'...
fatal: reference is not a tree: 57ec5d1534810090649b18c88e66a46f48cdcf1c
Unable to checkout '57ec5d1534810090649b18c88e66a46f48cdcf1c' in
submodule path 'libs/assign'
The remaining hiccups are in the root directory, comparing trunk to master:
* boost.css is missing content from revisions 36243 and 53553.
* boost-build.jam has different comments and history. Something is
* boostcpp.py contents are the same, but the trunk file has Unix line
endings, the master file has Windows line endings.
* Same problem with bootstrap.sh. IIRC, it is important that the .sh
files have the Unix line endings.
* c++boost.gif not present in trunk, present in master.
* index.html missing in master.
* Jamfile.v2 and Jamroot.jam not present in trunk, present in master.
* INSTALL missing in master.
* LICENSE_1_0.txt has Unix line endings in trunk, Windows line endings
* project-config.jam missing in master.
* rst.cc missing in master.
* README.txt not present in trunk, present in master.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk