Subject: Re: [boost] Migrating www.boost.org to another server
From: DongInn Kim (dikim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-23 21:53:43

Well, actually you have to make your client machine look at the new sever when you access www.boost.org.
For example, I tricked my client by adding the following line to /etc/hosts
129.79.13.33 www.boost.org

So, after your /etc/hosts has the above entry, whenever you access www.boost.org, it will go to the virtual host (www.boost.org) of new server which is supposed to host the boost web site in the very new future.

Please let me know if you still have a problem after you have the updated /etc/hosts.

I have tested this on linux and mac machines and they work fine. I have no idea how to trick this on Windows though yet.

Regards,

--
- DongInn