Subject: Re: [boost] [git][property_tree] Conversion Looks Good, Lots of Redundant Branches
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-24 00:25:23

on Thu May 23 2013, Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl-AT-getdesigned.at> wrote:

> Reviewed the PropertyTree git history. Apart from the existence of all
> these redundant branches it looks good.
>
> Is there a way to modify the conversion script

Heh, calling this thing a "script" is like calling a backhoe a "tool."

> so that the branch commit itself doesn't show up if there are no
> follow-ups?

Well, there is a "post-conversion" script that is supposed to be doing
that AFAICT, but also AFAICT it isn't having any effect. IIUC, this
commit was intended to have the effect you seek:
https://github.com/ryppl/Boost2Git/commit/ec241bb6c9f1b8caf2ccc46f682aa9e369205f7a

> Not a big thing, I can easily kill those branches afterwards, but they
> look so useless.

Understood. However, keep in mind that it might be important to keep
those commits alive because they are referenced by commits in the Boost
super-module. If you want to figure out how to get the super-module to
reference the parents of these commits, I will be happy to help guide
you.

--
Dave Abrahams