Subject: Re: [boost] Git Modularization hiccups
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-24 08:05:59

On 24/05/13 13:31, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> I didn't think the suggestion was that all files must have unix line
> endings, just that because some require them (e.g. shell scripts with
> a shebang) that line endings should be preserved. So if you're
> creating a new shell script with a shebang, it should use unix line
> endings, but then presumably you'll be creating such scripts on a
> unix-like OS anyway and this isn't a problem.

All source files should follow the same line endings convention, that
much is a given.
The convention that people usually choose (and the one that Boost uses
as well) is to store all source files in the Git repository with unix
line endings.

Only special file types that require windows line endings should have them.