Subject: Re: [boost] Git Modularization hiccups
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-24 09:37:29

boost_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<A95078DB6C254A14BFEE61FE38AABFEC_at_pdimov5> thusly:

>Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>> Really? How many Windows text editors can't handle non-native line
>> endings these days?
>> (Notepad doesn't count as a text editor, and IMHO it's reasonable to
>> expect Boost contributors to use something other than Notepad - if you
>> can write C++ that works with multiple compilers on multiple platforms
>> then you can use a proper editor.)
>
>You have to remember to set the line endings for every new file though.

There have been some vague non-specific comments on this thread like
"one very popular code editor".

Instead of being vague, I'll be specific.

If you're a Visual Studio user, the "stripem" add-on allows you to
enforce a particular line ending for file names matching a regular
expression. Where I work, we require LF line endings for source
files and I have used this add-on to enforce that requirement. It
works great and handles new files and existing files alike. *poof*
No need to remember to do a manual step anymore.

<http://www.grebulon.com/software/stripem.php>

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>