Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC: Seven proposals accepted
From: Darren Garvey (darren.garvey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-28 07:57:23

On 28 May 2013 12:37, Hardy <hzithlony_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 2013/5/28 3:12, Boris Schaeling wrote:
>
>> Google just announced the seven proposals which were accepted for Boost.
>> The (entire) list can be found here:
>> <http://www.google-melange.**com/gsoc/projects/list/google/**gsoc2013>
>> >

>> Congratulations to the successful students! Good luck and much fun in
>> this summer's Boost C++ projects! :)
>>
>> For those students who were not selected: Feel free to contact me for
>> the details! We actually asked Google for more than seven slots because
>> we got more than seven amazing proposals. Unfortunately the number of
>> slots is just limited. And so we had to make some tough decisions. :/
>>
>> I also thank everyone who had volunteered to mentor a project! I know
>> that not everyone could get the project they wanted. But maybe there is
>> still enough motivation to move forward with some projects outside of
>> the Google Summer of Code program. :)
>>
>> Boris

> I was so happy to receive the mail saying my proposal had been accepted.
> During the time waiting for the result, I learned much about C++, STL and
> Boost.
> Now that I've known who is my mentor(Darren Garvey), how should I contact
> with him? Should I just discuss in the mailing list or discuss with him
> more privately?
> Thanks very much!

Well done! There was such a good set of proposals this year that a small
amount of luck was required to get a place on top of a great proposal.
Hopefully we get a few more slots to play with next year. I really hope the
lack of a slot doesn't discourage anyone from going any further with their
proposals.

Hardy, you have a few interested mentors this year actually! I'll send you
an email privately to introduce us and we can get ourselves ready for the
summer.

Cheers,

Darren