Subject: Re: [boost] JSON Parser + Boost Fusion + adapted structs
From: Niall Douglas (ndouglas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-28 12:40:57

> Then, there's boost.mirror that hasn't given much news recently, but that
> had one thing right: you need something to generate the metadata to avoid
> the pitfalls of writing the macro by hand. I had in mind a tool based on
> clang to do that but never had time to care about it since my very naive
> perl code was enough for my small needs.

Easiest of all is to expose the compiler's internal state via a magic
namespace in the form of pseudo-template definitions. Then one has, at
metaprogramming stage, access to everything the compiler knows at that
point.

I posited that idea to Chandler Carruth for clang at C++ Now. He didn't seem
adamantly opposed.

Third party libraries (e.g. a Boost one) could wrap up each compiler's
internal magic namespace into something portable and therefore useful.

Niall