Subject: Re: [boost] ATTN: Boost GSoC mentors and students: Continuous Integration for GSoC thoughts
From: Niall Douglas (ndouglas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-04 12:25:00

> > Personally speaking, I think this depth and degree of CI is
> > *invaluable* to modern software development practice.
>
> I could not agree more.
>
> One thing you may want to add is coverage analysis with
> https://coveralls.io/:
>
> If you build with gcc, pass "-fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage" both to the
compiler
> and the linker. After running the tests, you can analyze the coverage with
gcov
> and send it to coveralls.
> To collect and upload, I use the following script:
> https://github.com/purpleKarrot/Karrot/blob/develop/test/coveralls.in
> (Note that gcov 4.6 does not support all flags that I use in the script, I
use it wiht
> 4.8 only).

That's really super useful of you Daniel. I wasn't aware that such a service
existed for code coverage. Thank you.

I don't suppose you'd know the answer to this question though: Travis CI's
reporting is not great, it either reports success or failure and not *what*
failed nor *why*. Specifically, if for example a build fails, I'd like to
know which source files and what the compiler errors were. Similarly, if a
unit test fails, I want to know which one and what the error was.

Do you know if this can be done?

Niall

---
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of
BlackBerry Inc.