Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Library metadata
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-04 17:00:40

On 4 June 2013 20:18, James Sharpe <mail_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> You will probably want to look at git notes for the expected failures
> markup. That way you'll get a history of how the expected failures have
> changed over time with the advantage you can retrospectively alter the
> markup for a commit without modifying the published sha.

I'm not going to be doing anything with the testing system myself, but
that's an interesting idea. Does anyone have any experience with how
they work in practise? I was only vaguely aware of them, and searching
for the web I mainly found notes on git. I did see that Gerrit uses
them (although I expect we'll use github for code reviews?), and
there's a Jenkins plugin to use them to record test results, so there
must be some real world experience.