Subject: Re: [boost] server and client chat via boost::asio
From: Anthony Foiani (tkil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-06 11:43:59

Lâm --

Nguyễn Trường Lâm <lamnt13_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I want to write a program using socket, a client and a server to
> communicate between each other. But i dont know how write a message
> to server and display in a IDE terminal.

Just by the way, questions like this probably belong on the Boost
*users* list; the Boost devel list is for development of boost itself,
not for developing *with* Boost.

The boost ASIO examples include a chat server and client:

  http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0/doc/html/boost_asio/examples.html

Is there something that keeps you from using those examples?

Finally, "display in an IDE terminal" is entirely dependent on your
IDE. Most should allow your client program to use std::cout (or cerr
or clog) for output.

If you are still having problems, please post to the users list.
Typically, you will get the best replies if you tell us what you've
already tried, what you expected would happen, and what actually
happened.

Good luck!

Best regards,
Anthony Foiani