Subject: [boost] [Boost.Test] Error with "putenv" when using (1.53) release branch
From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-07 06:54:03

This happened to me a few months ago when trying out a Windows 8 compiling setup with Code::Blocks.  I pointed to the release branch of Boost, which should be set to 1.53.  I included Boost.Test, I think by #including boost/test/include/unit_test.hpp so everything comes in without linking in the library directly.  There was some sort of error involving "putenv," not sure what anymore.  I "fixed" it by switching to the trunk branch. Now I'm trying a new setup, with Eclipse.  This time I'm adding Boost.Test by adding the files directly to the project list.  (I'm experimenting with splitting my tests into 3 files.)  I'm referencing the release branch again, which should still be on 1.53.  I got "'putenv' was not declared in scope" error.  It's at Line 95 of boost/test/utils/runtime/config.hpp.  Did a hard error sneak by everyone, or is my setup incomplete?  Both IDE setups use G++ on MinGW for the compiler.  Is there some #define I'm missing?  Should I switch to using the trunk again? Daryle W.