Subject: [boost] Future of Boost.Signals
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-13 13:45:36

Doug Gregor has indicated to me that he is not able to continue with the development/maintenance of Boost.Signals.
[ This is not a surprise, the last significant change to the library was back in 2004. ]

Fortunately, Frank Hess' Signals2 library is going strong, and he has a porting guide for people currently using Boost.Signals at: http://www.boost.org/doc/html/signals2/api_changes.html#signals2.porting

For the upcoming 1.54 release, I have added notes to this effect to the Boost.Signals documentation, and added a warning to <boost/signals.hpp>.

The warning states:
        Boost.Signals is no longer being maintained and is now deprecated. Please switch to Boost.Signals2.
        To disable this warning message, define BOOST_SIGNALS_NO_DEPRECATION_WARNING

Note: There have been no code changes to Boost.Signals. All code that uses it will continue to work.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki