Subject: Re: [boost] [c++11]
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-15 07:54:03

>> Ouch. Boost has always been about championing the "next thing" and
>> always been ahead of the compiler curve, if that wasn't the case we'd
>> still be targetting VC6. Yesterdays bleading edge is tomorrows
>> mainstream.
>
> Maybe it is better to ask, what the policy for phasing out support for
> older compilers and standards is?

I'm not sure we have ever had a policy - except try and listen to demand and
then let library authors decide. One part of that is "do we have folks
willing to test old compiler X"? As long as the answer to that is yes for
X, then there will likely be some support. I notice that currently there's
no shortage of C++03 testers.

John.