Subject: Re: [boost] [test]enable_if, etc. : was : ...multiprecision types ... for unit tests?
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-17 13:23:02

Christopher Kormanyos <e_float <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Gennadiy, do you really want to go the hard road and
> use symbols inject enable_if, etc. in namespaces in your code.
> It just seems like playing with fire since this symbol has such
> a clear meaning in C++11. It's your decision, but it would
> scare me enough to create my_enable_if, etc.

Standard uses tons of names - list, vector, exception for example. This does
not prevent boost to use the same names in different namespaces. And it
shouldn't.

> But again, it seems as though your code is right and
> MSVC is wrong. Just a tough waiting game on a compiler
> issue like that.

I hope we can find a workaround. Compiler's behavior is very strange, but
there should be some triggers for it. Maybe we can avoid them.

Gennadiy