Subject: Re: [boost] [c++11]
From: Sergey Cheban (s.cheban_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-17 13:51:53

On 17.06.2013 21:05, Lars Viklund wrote:

>>> We can work around the lack of variadic templates, and therefore support
>>> vanilla VS2012 if peer review demands it. Of course VS2012 won't make
>>> binaries which can run on Windows XP :( so maybe VS2010 support will also be
>>> demanded by peer review. If it is, we'll do what is required to meet VS2010.
>> JFYI: the VS2012 Update 1 can build binaries which can run on WinXP. You
>> just need to specify the v110_xp toolset in the project options.
>
> Specifying this a bit closer:
> VS2012 RTM can't.
> VS2012 Update 1 can.
> VS2012 Update 2 can build ones that break if ATL is used, so not really.
> VS2012 Update 3 RC2 can.
>
> Not that this helps overly much, as Boost doesn't support toolset
> selection and you have to manually override %CL%, %INCLUDE%, %LIB% and
> more.
Currently, you don't need to override anything to build the Boost
libraries that can be used with the v110_xp toolset.

Unfortunately, cflags=/arch:IA32 must be specified to make the Boost
libraries compatible with old CPUs that don't support SSE (we have
several customers who complained about this when we had switched to the
VS2012). SSE2 is the default architecture for the VS2012.

--
Sergey Cheban