Subject: Re: [boost] [result_of] Documentation update for ticket 7753
From: Nathan Crookston (nathan.crookston_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-21 16:23:18

Hi Eric,

Eric Niebler wrote:

> On 6/19/2013 10:59 PM, Nathan Crookston wrote:
> > Of course, I'd rather have
> > BOOST_RESULT_OF_USE_TR1_WITH_DECLTYPE_FALLBACK defined automatically for
> > compilers like VC10, g++4.5, etc.
>
> So, why not? I haven't been following the discussion recently, but I
> seem to recall that we agreed to this at some point.
>
> Daniel looked over the patch and suggested it would be best not to define
the fallback mode by default. Here's the thread:

I said I'd make a patch which follows his suggestion, but that I'd try to
convince him to accept the first patch. I'll reiterate, I think it would
be more surprising to have boost::result_of not work with
compiler-supported lambdas than to have it correctly deduce results that
would have been erroneous using TR1. Even though VC10's std::result_of
didn't work with them either (for example).

Thanks,
Nate