Subject: Re: [boost] [git-help] Status?
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-06 09:24:53

on Fri Jul 05 2013, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> I started looking at making the final minor set of changes to the
> regression testing scripts to have the option of testing the modular git
> version of the boost super-project. Unfortunately it now seems that the
> super-project no longer has *any* of the references to the library
> sub-projects. Me not being able to get this work done now is rather
> annoying as it likely means that the testing will not be ready early in the
> 1.55 release cycle. Which is the release currently scheduled to switch to
> git.
>
> What is the status of the git transition?

Sorry for the inconvenience. The garbled results we were getting a
little while back led us to analyze what the tool we were using was
doing, and we realized the logic we inherited in that codebase was just
wrong. So we've been rewriting the guts of that tool mostly from the
ground up (https://github.com/ryppl/Boost2Git/pulse).[1] Now the
contents of the inidividual repositories look basically sane.

> When will the Boost release team be able to start working on the switch?

Porting the submodule logic that I had already added to the inherited
codebase is the touch I hope to put on it this week (maybe even over the
weekend).

And, believe me, I want to be done with this as much or more than
anyone, so I'm going as fast as I can. If anyone would care to pitch
in, we'd love to have you.

Footnotes:
[1] Switching to C++11 and Ripping out all uses of Qt certainly
has made the code a lot cleaner!

--
Dave Abrahams