Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in a 'Boost.property' library?
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-08 04:33:07

This is surely a controversial feature.
I see some use of properties, like allowing to add checks on setting values
to a type which was a simple struct initially
(which happen a lot in data-centric designs).
Also it can make things clear that the provided function is really an
accessor and nothing more (like the = operator which
should do nothing more than a copy or move).

I'm not against properties, I see some cases where they might be useful,
however I don't like all the non-native solutions proposed with C++.
The main reason is that these solutions adds a lot of noise for not much.

Joel Lamotte