Subject: Re: [boost] [function] Bind to std::function if supported?
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-09 02:21:50

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:34 PM, Andrew Ho <helloworld922_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I haven't looked at boost::atomic yet, but we could also consider similar
> bindings to std::atomic if the library doesn't already do so.

std::atomic is also slightly different from boost::atomic (or rather,
std::atomic_flag from boost::atomic_flag). Also, boost::atomic is
better optimized than std::atomic on gcc prior to 4.7 and std::atomic
cannot be used with structs with gcc prior to 4.8. Not sure what is
the state of affairs on MSVC and other compilers.