Subject: Re: [boost] [mixin] New library reminder
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-11 20:13:38

On 07/11/13 17:39, Borislav Stanimirov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some of you might remember the previous discussion on the subject
> (archived here:
> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2013/01/200598.php). Anyway, in
> short, I'm developing a library with the intention to formally submit it
> to Boost by the end of the year.
>
> You can find it here: https://github.com/iboB/boost.mixin
>
> The latest news about it is that I think that the library's features for
> the formal submission are done and all that's left are minor tweaks, bug
> fixes, tests, examples, and, most importantly, a complete documentation.
>
> In the meantime, I again invite you all to check it out. Any comments,
> suggestions, and questions will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> -- Borislav

Hi Borislav.

It looks interesting and fulfills a purpose somewhat like that
of Steven's TypeErasure library:

http://steven_watanabe.users.sourceforge.net/type_erasure/libs/type_erasure/doc/html/boost_typeerasure/basic.html

Except it may be more dynamic. For example, the Mixin example here:

http://ibob.github.io/boost.mixin/boost_mixin/introduction.html

can add or remove methods at runtime; however, IIUC, the
TypeErasure library cannot. I'd guess then that the
TypeErasure method calls would be faster than those of
the Mixin methods calls.

Is that about right, Borislav or Steven, or am I missing something?

-regards,
Larry