Subject: [boost] [review process] was Re: radix sort
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-12 12:32:42

Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> [...]

The boost review is the heart and soul of boost. I've designed
www.blincubator.com
to complement and strengthen this rather than replace it or diminish it
in anyway. The boost review can be improved by having more and better
reviews and a more people willing to be review managers. Previous
efforts to achieve this haven't really addressed how we are going to do
just this. I'm attempting to address this by

a) providing an enhanced sandbox where users can review and install
submissions before they have been reviewed.
b) permitting these pre-review users an opportunity to post their
review when they are evaluating the submission in when they
are trying to use it rather than waiting for the formal review period.
c) facilitating feedback to submission authors before formal review.

Note that usage of www.blincubator.com doesn't change anything
in the current formal review process or how anything gets added to boost.
Hopefully, this will make the formal review a much easier process and
motivate more people take on this very important task.

Robert Ramey

P.S. I would be pleased to hear via private email from any Wordpress/PHP
gurus who
would like to help me out on this.
RR