Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Operators and make_shared
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-12 13:23:59

On Friday 12 July 2013 17:13:39 Andrew Ho wrote:
> Agreed, boost operators classes should be in boost::operators. I'm working
> on a patch to fix this issue (have already done so in my test code for
> operators2 and it works just fine).

Could we just have boost::operators (i.e. without 2)? The old implementation
didn't have a namespace and the new one is supposed to replace it, isn't it?

> There's also a macro flag in boost operators BOOST_NO_OPERATORS_IN_NAMESPACE
> which allows boost operators classes to be in the global namespace. I
> propose we get rid of this macro and force all operators classes to be in
> the boost::operators2 namespace.

I don't mind against that. I'm curious though for what compilers this
workaround is targeted for. I'm guessing this should be something rather old.