Subject: Re: [boost] [git-help] Status?
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-17 05:05:13

On 17 July 2013 04:48, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> on Fri Jul 05 2013, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I started looking at making the final minor set of changes to the
>> > regression testing scripts to have the option of testing the modular git
>> > version of the boost super-project. Unfortunately it now seems that the
>> > super-project no longer has *any* of the references to the library
>> > sub-projects. Me not being able to get this work done now is rather
>> > annoying as it likely means that the testing will not be ready early in
>> the
>> > 1.55 release cycle. Which is the release currently scheduled to switch to
>> > git.
>> >
>> > What is the status of the git transition?
>>
>> Sorry for the inconvenience. The garbled results we were getting a
>> little while back led us to analyze what the tool we were using was
>> doing, and we realized the logic we inherited in that codebase was just
>> wrong. So we've been rewriting the guts of that tool mostly from the
>> ground up (https://github.com/ryppl/Boost2Git/pulse).[1] Now the
>> contents of the inidividual repositories look basically sane.
>>
>> > When will the Boost release team be able to start working on the switch?
>>
>> Porting the submodule logic that I had already added to the inherited
>> codebase is the touch I hope to put on it this week (maybe even over the
>> weekend).
>>
>> And, believe me, I want to be done with this as much or more than
>> anyone, so I'm going as fast as I can. If anyone would care to pitch
>> in, we'd love to have you.
>>

> OK, got a chance to try a full checkout.. And ran into an infinite
> recursion in dulwich while getting the geometry repo. It looks like
> something is messed up with the mappings for that one. When I go look at it
> on github directly I see duplicate "include" directories at the root <
> https://github.com/boostorg/geometry>.

I just managed to clone it with GitHub for Windows.
The problem is that the include directory with last commit 2 years ago
is prefixed with whitespace, so it is " include", whereas the latter
is "include" (screenshot attached, not sure if it will get through).

I guess that GitHub trims the blank characters before rendering HTML,
so it is not visible.

Best regards,

--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net