Subject: Re: [boost] boost::python help?
From: David M. Cotter (me_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-24 01:18:40

Okay, for now let's skip the thing about "it should work when my app isn't running", just assume it's going to be embedded.

For Mac, I understand i need to "create" (?) a python.dylib, but i find no directions for that at the expected location:

http://docs.python.org/2/extending/embedding.html

is there some wiki page explaining how to create this for use in MacOS / Xcode?

Now for Windows: same thing, i think i must create a .dll, right? Is there a tutorial for that?

After that, i can link to these items, then in my C++ app, just #include "Python.h" and i've covered step 1.