Subject: [boost] Fwd: Re: Announcing boost dependency analyzer
From: Stephen Kelly (steveire_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-23 07:40:19

Jens Weller wrote:

>> Unfortunately the Boost dependency graph is as huge a hairball as I was
>> afraid :-/
>
> Hi, thanks for the feedback. Yes, dependency graph for boost is quite
> large... I think with boost in git and modules available, this is going to
> improve.

That won't happen automatically. The git conversion is separate to
reorganizing to resolve the solvable interdepency issues:

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.ryppl.devel/201/focus=208

The salient point is:

> By modularizing and making the interdependencies explicit, we hope to
> encourage developers to refactor. But we can only solve one problem at a
> time.

So, if you want to work on resolving interdependencies, don't wait for the
git conversion to be done, because it won't help, and do pick up your editor
and dig, because only that will help.

Thanks,

Steve.