Subject: Re: [boost] [utility] [swap] How about Boost.Move?
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-30 04:02:22

2013/7/30 Marc Glisse <marc.glisse_at_[hidden]>

> On Mon, 29 Jul 2013, Joseph Gauterin wrote:
>
> Given a user define types that specializes std::swap but isn't moveable (a
>> reasonable scenario for C++03 code still being compiled with a C++03
>> compiler), wouldn't this change result in 3 copies instead of a single
>> call
>> to the specialized std:swap?
>>

> The recommended way is to overload swap for your type, not specialize
> std::swap. As long as that case still works, the rest might be acceptable...

I'd rather spend a few more days thinking of some other solutions. Silently
breaking user code to make some c++11-emulation-for-old-compilers work out
of the box is not good.

Is there a better idea than specializing the boost::swap for ::boost::rv<T>
types and forcing users to write `boost::swap(boost::move(object1),
boost::move(object2));` ?

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin