Subject: Re: [boost] [boost.thread] Trouble building with MinGw 4.7.0
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-01 07:51:43

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Philip Bennefall <philip_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi Andrey,
>
> I am positive that I am not defining either of those macros in my project.
> Also, since I specified -DBOOST_NO_LIB and linked explicitly with the static
> libraries, shouldn't that tell MinGw that I don't want the dynamic
> libraries?

Defining BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB (note that BOOST_NO_LIB is not correct) only
affects auto-linking. It does not affect symbol name mangling, which
differs for static libs and dlls.

> All problematic symbols seem to be related to boost.thread. I don't see any
> mention of boost system, chrono, datetime etc.

I'd say there's some problem with Boost.Thread then. Could you try
defining BOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB when building your application? Also,
what is your Boost version?