Subject: [boost] [git] eol issues and fetchRecurseSubmodules = on-demand
From: Ahmed Charles (acharles_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-02 04:37:09

Two things:

1. tools\build\v2\engine\build.bat has LF instead of CRLF for line endings, which causes bootstrap.bat (which has the right endings) to not work properly. It seems like the top level .gitattributes doesn't apply to submodules.

2. After cloning and fetching modular boost each day for a while, I finally figured that waiting an hour or so to sync could probably be improved. So I read the docs and tested adding fetchRecurseSubmodules = on-demand for each submodule in .gitsubmodules and it seems to work much faster with the same result. (It would result in differences once the submodules can change without the super-project changing, but currently, I don't think that is the case.) Perhaps it's with considering?