Subject: Re: [boost] Line endings fixes
From: Vitaly Budovski (vbudovski+news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-07 09:42:55

Hi,

On 7 August 2013 23:02, Jürgen Hunold <jhunold_at_gmx.eu> wrote:
> Hi!

<snip>
> This leaves the question on how to treat the .svg files.
>
> Please remember that this a temporary issue as git does not have anything like
> svn properties.
>
> On Wednesday, 7. August 2013 22:15:47 Vitaly Budovski wrote:
<snip>
>> While image/svg+xml is correct for serving the files in a webpage,
>> it's not really a good choice for storing in a repository.
>
> If this change breaks doc generation or the webpage due to the mime-type
> change, they will definetely have to be adapted after the git transition.

That depends on how Apache is configured. I think it would be better
to let Apache handle the mime-types on files where specific rendering
is required (i.e. SVG)

http://serverfault.com/questions/451500/is-it-possible-for-the-subversion-apache-module-to-serve-html-files-with-an-html

Cheers,

Vitaly