Subject: Re: [boost] [test] still broken in release
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-07 23:23:23

boost_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<loom.20130807T214918-704_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>> boost <at> lists.boost.org spake the secret code
>> <loom.20130802T232929-478 <at> post.gmane.org> thusly:
>>
>> >I lost my work on new docs unfortunately to broken laptop, still trying to
>> >revive it, but I'm lacking time to really get to it.
>>
>> I wouldn't bother reviving your work on new docs since I am completely
>> rewriting them and am almost finished.
>
>Do you follow trunk or release state of Boost.Test?

I've been working based on trunk, but could easily adapt to another
branch if that is the preferred place.

I posted a call for reviewers on May 1 and am on snapshot 6 right now.

Details:
- I pull trunk as a mercurial repo
- I create my changes as a mercurial patch queue patch on this repo
- I version control my patches and push them to another machine to
  guard against accidental data loss
- I periodically pull trunk from SVN and rebase my patches on top of
  that.
- Everything is written in Quickbook
- It is a true rewrite, not an edit of existing docs
- Some Quickbook annotations are added to header files to briefly
  summarize the major classes/functions that a user of Boost.Test is
  likely to care about: test_unit, test_case, test_suite,
  master_test_suite_t, test_observer, unit_test_log_t,
  unit_test_log_formatter, init_unit_test_func, unit_test_main.
- Boost.Test code in trunk is used as "the truth" for understanding
  how something actually works

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>