Subject: Re: [boost] [multimethods] Proposal: Open Multi-Methods
From: Jean-Louis Leroy (jl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-08 13:11:07

Hi,

Documentation for the library now exists and is available here:
http://www.yorel.be/mm

It has been pointed out to me I may be wrong in assuming that everyone
knows about multi-methods. The introduction -
http://www.yorel.be/mm/multi_methods/introduction.html - explains what
they are and what they are good for.

By all means, if you are interested, read the tutorial and look at the
examples. Don't go straight to the reference. I believe that the
library is more easily understood by looking at a complete example. It
ain't complicated (from the outside), it just implements
multi-methods. However, the macros, classes and templates listed in
the reference don't make much sense taken in isolation.

On the feature side, I lifted the restrictions on the inheritance
graph that I mentioned in my original post. I also improved support
for shared libraries and dynamic loading.

Jean-Louis