Subject: Re: [boost] [cpo-proposal] presentation of the idea
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-13 14:25:57

On 08/13/13 11:35, Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote:> On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at
2:42 PM, Larry Evans <cppljevans_at_[hidden]>wrote:

>> What if the class hierarchy is used to model a graph that
>> contains cycles. For example, something like a spirit grammar
>> where a non-terminal on the rhs of a non-terminals definition?
>> Wouldn't this require some sort of smart pointer or other
>> garbage collection method with the ability to collect cycles?
>>

> My understanding of the proposed container is that it's mostly like having
> a collection
> of vectors, one for each final types, but exposing only one base interface
> in container interface.
> If I'm correct, I don't see how the problem you describe might be a
problem.

To be clear, you're saying it was not Santiago's intention to use
this libray to create something like this class:

class base_container : public base
{
public:
  virtual int do_something(int a) const;
  classifier<base, std::allocator> collection;
};

Is so, that intention was not clear from Santiago's OP.

-regards,
Larry