Subject: [boost] [AFIO] AFIO Proposed feature Voting announcement
From: Paul Kirth (pk1574_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-19 04:29:25

Hello Boost-dev and Boost-users,

I’m Paul Kirth, and I am the student working on the upcoming AFIO library
this summer as part of GSoC. As of last week AFIO is fully ported to Boost
and is now building cleanly on all of the last three major releases of the
three most popular C++ compilers.

Niall Douglas, my mentor for AFIO, has previously mentioned on the list
that we would be asking for your feedback regarding which new features
would be most beneficial to the Boost community. We would like to
accommodate you all, but with GSoC being limited in time and ending in just
one month’s time now, we’re going to limit the current additions to the top
3 most requested features. I plan to stay involved with AFIO for as long as
I am able, so I’m sure many more of these features can be supported by AFIO
in the future.

I have set up a voting site on https://boostafio.uservoice.com to help with
the voting. You may vote 10 times as you see fit, and you can give more (or
all!) votes to those features you prefer the most. You may also add
additional features not currently up for voting, so we encourage you to
read the whole list of proposed additions before adding your own. Try to be
descriptive with your feature request including a rationale, as not
everyone involved with Boost may have the same expertise as you do.
Including an example of how this feature would useful will help make a good
case for your feature request, and help voters identify what is important.
Finally, if you are not familiar with AFIO, we encourage you to take a look
at our documentation at
https://ci.nedprod.com/view/All/job/Boost.AFIO%20Build%20Documentation/Boost.AFIO_Documentation/.
A link is also present on the voting site for your convenience.
Additionally you will find our project on github at
https://github.com/BoostGSoC/boost.afio, if you wish to dive into the
source code for yourself.

Voting is open right now, so please be sure to vote before the voting
period ends on 8/23/13 at 11:59 PM GMT-8:00.

We look forward to seeing which features are most important to the
community, and hope to meet your expectations.

 Quick list of the features already proposed:

    Directory Monitoring Support

    Permissions and ACL Support

    Support for Boost Iostreams

    Improve Formal Closure Execution Engine Support

    Asynchronous Directory Enumeration

    Memory Mapped File Support

    Support for STL Iostreams

    Linux Kernel AIO Backend