Subject: [boost] [countertree] Concurrent set and map with random access iterators
From: Francisco José Tapia (fjtapia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-21 12:45:18

Hi

this message is to announce the version 2.0 of the [countertree +
suballocator] library.

 *This library provide a **concurrent** and **thread safe** implementation
of the tree based data structures (**set, multiset, map** and **multimap**,
plus a new data structure named **vector_tree**) with **random access
iterators** and **access by position** like a vector. *

 *This permit to distribute the elements stored in the trees, between an
arbitrary number of threads, identically as do with the vectors, making
easy the design of **parallel algorithms** applied to the tree based data
structures (as you can see in 2.3.-
Examples<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8437476/works/countertree_2.0/doc/P2.3_vector_tree_examples.html>and
3.6.-
Examples<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8437476/works/countertree_2.0/doc/P3.6_set_map_examples.html#examples>)
, and their use by the **multicore development tools** as **OpenMP,
Threading Building Blocks ...*

 *You can find the documentation and the code in the GitHub*

*https://github.com/fjtapia/countertree_2.0*>

 or you can see online in my dropbox page :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8437476/works/countertree_2.0/index.html>

If you prefer download a file with all the code and the documentation :

https://github.com/fjtapia/countertree_2.0/blob/master/doc/countertree_2.0.zip

 Perhaps the most interested parts of the documentation are :

1.4.- Concurrent version where explain the problems and new functions
implemented

1.5.- Next improvements. Where explain the future development of the
library and the concurrent algorithms

 1 year ago I presented the request for the evaluation of the [countertree+
suballocator] version 1.0. The approval process is stopped due to the
absence of review managers, and in the meanwhile I continued with the
develop of this version 2.0.

This version is big ( 50.000 lines ) and involve many programming areas (
algorithms, memory management, threads, locks ...) In the design process I
must took many decision according my knowledge.

I am sure there are many things to correct and improve. In the Boost
community there are many people with knowledge and experience, and I trust
they can help me in order to provide to the C++ users a good library.

If you find an error, or you miss something in the library or have any idea
or comment about it, please mail me and I will correct as soon as possible.

 Sincerely yours

Francisco Tapia

fjtapia_at_[hidden]

 *The Boost Formal Review Schedule is in