Subject: Re: [boost] [config] BOOST_NO_SFINAE_EXPR and GCC 4.6.4
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-25 12:24:00

>> Restricting to 4.8.1 would certainly be a bit annoying, are the bugs
>> that major?

I don't believe so: remember that Boost.Config primarily exists to provide
workarounds for what Boost libraries are actually doing. In that context I
believe the macro to be set correctly - at least in the sense that library
authors haven't been complaining that the current settup breaks their stuff.

>How would I determine the severity of the bugs? The feature is either
>broken or incomplete and there are no workarounds, so it sounds major to
>me. My use case is somewhat contrived, I give you that, but that doesn't
>negate the fact that there is no true SFINAE for expressions support. Maybe
>this grants having a BOOST_NO_*FULL*_SFINAE_EXPR config macro, drawing some
>arbitrary line on how much conformance is "enough" conformance.

Ugh, please no. Is there a use case for this within Boost or is it an
arbitrary test case? My gut feeling is that folks that need to do "complex"
things can always use a BOOST_WORKAROUND instead?

John.