Subject: Re: [boost] doubts about python3 support
From: Petr Machata (pmachata_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-26 18:33:41

Neal Becker <ndbecker2_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I'm not quite clear on your procedure. Adding python=2.7 to command line(having
> modified user-config.jam as described):
>
> /usr/local/src/boost_1_54_0.python3/tools/build/v2/build/feature.jam:493: in
> feature.validate-value-string from module feature
> error: "2.7" is not a known value of feature <python>
> error: legal values: "3.3"

Hmm, I use locally-bootstrapped ./d2, and I now see that the bootstrap
script itself creates project-config.jam with the following line:

  using python : 2.7 : /usr ;

So, that explain why my adding Python 3 actually _added_ Python 3, not
replaced the system one. Python 2 comes from another file...

My guess is that if you add both pythons to user-config.jam, the effect
would be the same.

Thanks,
PM