Subject: Re: [boost] [utility] Proposal to extract some components from Boost.Log
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-28 04:56:30

2013/8/28 Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]>

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to extract some general-purpose components from Boost.Log to
> Boost.Utility

<...>

> 1. BOOST_EXPLICIT_OPERATOR_BOOL() macro for defining explicit operator
> bool() for a class.

<...>

I like that!

> 2. basic_string_literal< CharT, CharTraitsT > class template.

<...>

Could you please describe the difference between this class and string_ref
in more details? Why can't you use string_ref instead of
basic_string_literal?

3. type_info_wrapper class.

<...>

Nice thing, but I'd rather wait for review of more functional
https://github.com/apolukhin/type_index library and include that library
into utility.

> 4. empty_deleter class.

<...>

May be it is better to move that into Boost.SmartPtr library?

> 5. BOOST_LOG_UNIQUE_IDENTIFIER_NAME(prefix) macro.

<...>

Boost.PP is a better place for that macro. I'd like to have it, but I'm not
sure that `prefix ## __LINE__` is enough for some cases.

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin