Subject: [boost] [voronoi]medial axis
From: Louis Lavery (zen218432_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-29 04:01:07

Hello,

I'm hoping to use boost voronoi to construct the (internal) medial axis
for closed shapes (with holes). I need to work out which vertices of the
voronoi are inside, outside and on a boundary. So my first goal is to
determine which vertices correspond to the ends of the input segments
(boundary vertices).

The way I do this at the moment, is to look at each edge and test if its
source vertex, vertex0(), is equal to either end point of the segment
contained by the edge's cell.

(1) If it is then it's a boundary vertex otherwise it's not. Is that
correct?

(2) When comparing a vertex with an input point can I do an exact
compare (==) or should I use a tolerance (epsilon)?

Thanks, fuzzy.