Subject: Re: [boost] [block_ptr] & Java
From: Phil Bouchard (philippe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-31 11:24:37

On 8/31/2013 4:14 AM, Antony Polukhin wrote:

> Looks promising and inteesting. But not 100% ready. For example this
> singleton is not thread safe in C++98/C++03:
>
> static mutex & static_mutex() /**< Main global mutex used for thread safety
> */
> {
> static mutex mutex_;
>
> return mutex_;
> }
>
> Also use BOOST_NOEXCEPT_OR_NOTHROW instead of throw(), BOOST_NOEXCEPT
> instead of /* newer throws*/. Mark noexcept destructors, copy, move
> constructors, assignment operators with BOOST_NOEXCEPT where appropriate,
>
> Please add notes about the issue mentioned by Dave (correct destruction
> order for objects participating in a cycle)
>
> If nobody minds, I can become the release manager for this library. However
> I'll have enough time for this only at the beginning of this winter.

Thanks. But I must also say the object allocator could be speed up
because at the time I wrote this there was no way to allocate
consecutive bytes from a pool in constant complexity. I am still using
fast_pool_allocator<block_header>:
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/block_ptr/boost/block_ptr.hpp

That's one more improvement that can be done and it'll be perfect.

-Phil