Subject: Re: [boost] [Multi-Index] Valgrind Invalid read size of 8
From: Dominique Devienne (ddevienne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-09 02:55:26

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM, Jonathan Wakely
<jwakely.boost_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> On 8 September 2013 21:55, Niall Douglas wrote:
> >> Not sure how to interpret this. Could this indicate a bug in
> >> Multi-Index, in Bimap, or my own code? Or perhaps it is a valgrind
> >> hiccup? Any clues as to how to investigate this further would be
> >> appreciated.
> >
> > Try turning on iterator debugging. I'd almost be certain it's an
> > iterator
> > incremented or decremented too far. libstdc++ and Dinkumware STLs
> > both have extensive iterator debugging facilities, libc++ seems to
> > have some support according to Google.
>
> They can only debug iterators defined by the standard library, not
> ones defined by Boost.MultiIndex.

You could try BOOST_MULTI_INDEX_ENABLE_SAFE_MODE
from
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_39_0/libs/multi_index/doc/tutorial/debug.html
 .

There's a heavy runtime cost, but it did find us bugs where we updated an
index field w/o telling BMI about it. Just a thought. --DD