Subject: Re: [boost] Incompatible Boost license file in boost.container
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-09 07:09:13

On 08/09/13 20:11, Ion Gaztañaga wrote:
> El 08/09/2013 17:04, Philip Bennefall escribió:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was looking at boost.container, and found that
>> boost/container/deque.hpp has similar problems as
>> boost/detail/endian.hpp had before that was fixed. Parts of deque.hpp
>> seem to be covered by a license that is not compatible with the Boost
>> software license. I quote:
>>
>> // Copyright (c) 1996,1997
>> // Silicon Graphics Computer Systems, Inc.
>
> I think there is no SGI code left in boost::deque after so many rewrites
> and modifications. The notice was removed from all other containers but
> I missed this for some reason.
>
> Just googling a bit I've found that Boost.concept_check also has a SGI
> copyright notice:
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/doc/html/idp12138272-bb.html#concepts.reference

There are actually many hits for "Silicon Graphics" all over Boost.

boost/container/deque.hpp
boost/container/string.hpp
boost/detail/algorithm.hpp
boost/detail/binary_search.hpp
boost/interprocess/streams/bufferstream.hpp
boost/interprocess/streams/vectorstream.hpp
boost/intrusive/rbtree_algorithms.hpp
boost/multi_array/algorithm.hpp
boost/multi_index/detail/ord_index_node.hpp
boost/multi_index/detail/ord_index_ops.hpp
boost/multi_index/ordered_index.hpp
boost/tr1/detail/config_all.hpp
boost/wave/util/flex_string.hpp