Subject: [boost] NuGet packages for boost
From: Ben Craig (ben.craig_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-16 11:59:44

NuGet is a package manager that has traditionally been focused on .NET,
but it has recently added support for C++ libraries. Here is a
presentation by the lead developer adding C++ support to NuGet:
http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/GoingNative/2013/Find-Build-Share-Use-Using-NuGet-for-C-and-Cpp-Libraries

I would like to see boost packages added to NuGet, and to have these
packages be "official" packages. I am a contributor on another project
(Thrift) and I would like to be able to produce NuGet packages for Thrift,
and I would like that package to have a "magically" working Boost
dependency.

Sergey Shandar has made some unofficial packages.
Blog describing his effort:
http://sergey-shandar.blogspot.com/2013/08/boost-on-nugetorg.html
Nuget packages he has submitted:
https://www.nuget.org/profiles/sergey.shandar/

If someone (perhaps me) authored the boost NuGet package build process,
would the person in charge of releasing Boost be willing to publish the
NuGet packages that get created?

There are going to be plenty of follow up questions if Boost releases are
willing to publish NuGet packages, but I figured I would get the big
question out of the way first.