Subject: Re: [boost] Boost reviews
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-20 22:42:12

On 9/19/2013 11:57 AM, Niall Douglas wrote:
> On 18 Sep 2013 at 20:29, Edward Diener wrote:
>
>> As someone who still would like to see my variadic data library be
>> reviewed for possible acceptance into Boost I am most curious to know
>> the reasons why no new libraries appear to be getting reviewed anymore.
>
> Did you not see my post
> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2013/09/206187.php? I offered
> to review manage someone's library in exchange for that person review
> managing AFIO.

I did see your post but my thoughts are:

1) It is not best if A is the review manager for B's library and B is
the review manager for A's library. There is too much temptation to
approve a library that way.

2) Understanding ASIO has proven to me to be a difficult task, albeit I
have not spent much time studying it. As I understand it AFIO is an
extension of ASIO for files.

3) With that last said I would be glad to be a review manager for a
library. But My OP was prompted because I have seen little movement
recently in the way of even calls for review managers to speed up the
process of having libraries reviewed. Perhaps I just missed such a
general request.