Subject: Re: [boost] BoostPro closing the doors and needing volunteers
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-25 09:02:22

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM, munsingh <munsingh_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello Boost Maintainers,
>
> I observed that BoostPro have closed doors and have made the project open
> source. I would like to volunteer for maintaining and enhancing the
> pre-build binaries and sources for boost pre-built installers.
>
> Kindly let me know what all is desired from a person who wishes to take up
> this activity.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Manish

If you're referring to the windows build, I started putting builds (I've
been doing them for a while: http://boost.teeks99.com) on sourceforge with
the last build.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/1.54.0/

My installers are a bit different than the ones BoostPro had. Specifically
I don't have the ability to only download a subset of the libraries. I
thought this was a good tradeoff as it increases the simplicity of the
installer a lot and makes it much easier to use for users who just want it
all. Plus, I'm able to support more compiler versions than they were.

The source for my build scripts is on github. I'd be more than happy to get
pull requests :-)
https://github.com/teeks99/boost-build

Tom