Subject: [boost] Is there interest in a Simulation library?
From: Damian Vicino (damian.vicino_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-26 12:40:59

Dear All,

Following the on-going efforts on development and standardization of C++, especially
application-oriented libraries, we are soliciting expression of interest within the C++
community for a new Boost library for building Discrete-Event simulators.

We plan to build this new library on the latest features of the C++11
standard, for possible inclusion in a future version of the C++ standard.

This work is based on our experience in building C++-based simulators for over
20 years, exploring various optimization and algorithms, and leading to a significant
number of reseach publications. Writing a new version of a simulation library based
on the latest features of the C++ language has started as new joint research project
of University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, UMR CNRS 7172 (FR), INRIA Sophia
Antipolis (FR), and Carleton University (CAN). Of course, anyone interested in
joined this effort is more than welcome!

Damian Vicino,
PhD Candidate Université Nice Sophia Antipolis & Carleton University
Dr. Olivier Dalle,
Maître de Conférences, Université Nice Sophia Antipolis
Pr. Gabriel Wainer,
Carleton University