Subject: Re: [boost] [variant] Stalled testing, from missing file.
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-29 08:48:05

On 28/09/13 23:36, Antony Polukhin wrote:
> 2013/9/29 Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
>
>> Note to the variant maintainers.. I commented out a test which was
>> referring to a non-existent source file.
>>

> I forgot to commit the variant_swap_test.cpp file. I'll commit it at
> Monday, thanks for disabling the test.
>
> But is it OK that all the regression testing could be stalled by a typo in
> one of the libraries?

It's typically the same for most projects.
In some other projects it's even worse, you can't even build the
libraries if someone refers to a test that doesn't exist.

The right thing to do is to not commit changes that break the build
system, and ensure that all changes are atomic. I personally still find
it surprising that people can forget files when they're doing a commit,
though this may be because of bad versioning tools or commit procedure.
Surely you run "status" and "diff" commands before doing a commit?