Subject: Re: [boost] [clang][Windows] Volunteer for a Boost regression test runner for Clang on Windows
From: Jim Bell (Jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-29 16:09:03

On 2013-09-29 2:54 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:
> Chandler Carruth has asked for a volunteer to start running boost
> regression tests for the Clang on Windows project.
>
> For more about this project, see
> http://blog.llvm.org/2013/09/a-path-forward-for-llvm-toolchain-on.html.
>
> Chandler cornered me at the C++ committee meeting last week, and emphasized
> how much they would like to see boost tests passing using Clang in a Visual
> Studio environment. This would be a big plus for boost developers and users
> in the Windows environment IMO, so I hope we can help them out.

FWIW, I started on a Clang regression (using some mgw-w64 version), but
quit when I found that it would only build static libraries, which
caused a huge swath of tests to fail for that reason alone.

I don't recall it misbehaving badly in other cases, though I may not
have looked too closely.

hth,
-Jim