Subject: [boost] REQ: Looking for access to a Haswell machine to test Boost memory transactions code
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-30 16:27:52

Dear Boost Devs,

Last night I may have implemented some Boost macro based support for
simple memory transactions. Basically one does this:

STLLockable lockable;
BOOST_BEGIN_MEMORY_TRANSACTION(lockable)
{
   // Transaction code
}
BOOST_END_MEMORY_TRANSACTION(lockable)

This can turn into __transaction_relaxed, or Intel TSX falling back
onto a spin lock. It's very simple, but it ought to work and with
very significant performance improvements on TSX capable hardware.

The problem is that I don't have access to an Intel Haswell CPU to
test the code upon. I think its design is correct through
introspection, but if a kind Boost dev could lend me access to their
Haswell machine via SSH - or even just offer to debug some binaries
for me, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/